Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hi, my name's Jack and I approve of this fucking rant




Someone recently told me "the only advice I can give you is be yourself" and I took that advice and injected it into this post. Enjoy!


I feel like I'm coming across as some soft ass weak little guy, which is not who I am. Just because I don't "target" people on Stardoll and make mean posts about them doesn't mean I'm not capable of doing so. Which is why, I am going to rant about all the things that piss me off in Papaerdoll Heaven HELL ,to prove to you, that I belong on this blog...


Let's start with Covergirl, shall we? Covergirl is a pathetic stupid competition that should have NEVER been introduced. It's basically a bunch off 11 year olds stealing their mom's credit cards, adding Stardollars, sending broadcasts and begging for a title they will hold for ONE day! Sure, I ran for it once, but I failed and realized how STUPID it is.

Why spend hours upon hours on some virtual site trying to get your virtual doll on a virtual cover when you could go out and do something with your life (and your/your mom's money) that you will be appreciated for, for much longer? I just don't get it. Sure, I mean yeah you get that sense of accomplishment but how long does it take for that to wear off? About 4 hours. Exactly.

Don't even get me started on the trophy; it's the tackiest thing I've seen since White Stilettos. What I'm trying to say is Covergirl is pathetic.




Another thing that pisses me off is Elitism. Elitism is where the fucking famewhores get what they want, and are categorized as "elite". Now, some people don't ask to be elite but become so as a consequence of their success through mainly blogging or making magazines, kudos to them, they earned it. Others practically get on their knees and beg for the title. Which is stupid. Stardoll isn't about being elite! It's about fashion and having fun!

The whole elitism thing was taken way too far when they brought out the Royalty Club and THEN the huge fucking diamonds that follow our dolls/usernames wherever they go!

If you ask me, Stardoll is like the high school from hell! You've got your jocks, nerds, bully's, "IT" girls, emos and then you've got your fame hungry motherfuckers who won't stop at nothing to get their names in the virtual spotlight. It sucks how Stardoll has created this hierarchy of members, making some feel on top of the world and others like pieces of shit on the ground. The concept of “fame” from the phrase “fame, fashion and friends” should be abolished forever. I’d like to see how the people, who live off it, survive. Put it this way; they wouldn’t.



The final thing I want to talk about, which is the thing that pisses me off the most, is Rare Clothing on SD. Rare clothing is just clothes on Stardoll that 90% would beat their own mothers to death to get a hold of. I’m referring to such items as, Mary Kate and Ashley, Paulina Porizkova, DKNY, Hotbuys etc. items in which total dumb asses offer REAL money for. Out of curiosity, I once asked someone how much they wanted for ONE piece of MKA and they said , and I quote “120 bucks”. ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY US DOLLARS FOR GOD DAMN PIXELS! My chin hit the floor and I sat there gaping for almost an hour. Maybe she was being greedy, but it’s not the first time I’ve seen such a ridiculous offer. Some of the stuff is that “rare” that I’ve not even seen it on Stardoll, except for once or twice.

Stardoll is a clever yet twisted company. They realised that these “rare” items were getting more popular by the second, so what did they do? They did what any greedy company would do and open a virtual store full of the popular shit at 100 times the price! Yes, that’s right, I’m talking about LE/Limited Edition. LE is a store on SD that is refreshed and filled with new items every 3 months. But, it has a twist. Only a limited amount of items are available to buy, which makes these items super popular and super “rare”. The whole store is wiped out in less than a week after its opening.  It’s just stupid. I know I’ve bought items from there, but I only did so because I liked them. Some people save up and by the whole fucking collection. It’s the same with Antidote, but with its edgy style and cheaper prices, it doesn’t go as fast as LE. Both of the stores are pathetic and half of the time, the clothes are literally vile.

And as if that wasn’t enough, Stardoll also gives us the joy of Hotbuys! Hotbuys are just as pathetic as anything else and most of them are completely horrifying. Every month we get a new collection and every month it’s the same thing, a dress, a few tops, some jeans, and a bunch of accessories. A have to agree that some Hotbuys are pretty nice and I do own some. But, I’ve noticed that the Hotbuys are getting ever more expensive, and the more expensive they’ve gotten, the uglier they have become. How silly of them to expect us to buy these pieces of crap at such high prices! Sorry, what was that? You DO still buy them? Oh yes that’s right, I forgot about collectors! Collectors are just brainless morons who buy out whole collections of stuff when they’re released even if they don’t like the items. Would you do that in real life? Let’s say you liked a store on the high street, would you go and buy the whole place out every time they got new stock? No, you wouldn’t, so why do it on Stardoll? Seriously, get a fucking grip and learn that fashion is about what you are inside and not owning every fucking piece from a certain collection!




Basically, Stardoll is a cruel, sick little world where sweet innocent girls and guys are turned into hated little bitches and uneducated, idiotic planks of wood. But it's my drug and I love it.

The only thing I have left to say is...

Paperdoll Heaven my ass.





No comments:

Post a Comment