Sunday, August 21, 2011

Best & Worst: GLEE!


Okay so I went a little crazy on this one! I didn't base any of my outfits on a specific look (besides the Cheerios uniform obviously), I just used things that I already had in my closet and put together outfits based on the characters' style and not a specific photo, which several other people did as well. So some of the photos with the outfits are just a reference to showcase their style, not necessarily the photo/outfit that the person modeled their look after. Sorry to anyone who didn't want their outfit paired with the photo! And of course, as usual, sorry the list is so late! Here we go:

Rachel
punkyfish2007

Perez: This is one of my favorite Rachel outfits EVER! I was so obsessed with it I actually researched where the coat was from, and it's vintage so unfortunately not available anymore =/ Punky did an awesome job on the coat and outfit, she looks just as adorable as Rachel did!
Rhi: Great work pulling this off! I like how she used the classic horse-hair extensions to recreate her hair instead of going for some of the dodgy options in the Beauty Parlour. Colourful!
Ashton: I actually love this outfit! It was put together really well and just screams out Rachel. Good job!

Omanisthebest

Perez: When you see my face hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell!! The shirt could have been sharper but it's still a great effort and she looks really cute.
Ashton: Hmmm I think this outfit could have been WAY better.
Rhi: I agree with the guys - it's cute (how could it not be?) but the top needed some work, especially considering how simple the shapes are.

Thriller/Heads Will Roll
Welsh_witch

Perez: LOVE this, especially the layering on the skirt to replicate the panels on Rachel's gown! Her hair looks awesome and the accessories are absolutely perfect, I'm so glad she chose this look!!
Ashton: I feel like this outfit is exactly the same. From the hair to chocker. I love this!
Rhi: I really struggled with this theme, bizarrely! I loved this look from the minute I watched the episode, I just wish there were some better photos of the other outfits.

Irishlily09

Perez: Same as with omanisbest, the shirt could have been better, but I understand that not everyone is a whiz on Star Design so I recognize the effort, and this outfit was such a fun idea! Loved this number!!
Rhi: Pretty basic, but not everything has to be on a huge scale. I like how she changed it up a little with the shorts and gold chain.
Ashton: A simple outfit, still could have been better.

semimilor_jonas

Ashton: Boring.
Rhi: Ahem, the nose? You're evil. But genius. The rest of the outfit is pretty stellar, it keeps close to the real McCoy.
Perez: YES! I thought the same thing Rhi, way to nail a detail that every other Rachel, myself included, completely missed! Rachel's nose has been central to her character, and there was an entire episode dedicated to it, so I love that you did that. And the outfit is great!

queencutiesoda


Rhi: It's not that I don't like it, it's just that there are so many other better outfits that could have been done. I wouldn't know who or what theme this is without the big photo next to it.
Ashton: I really don't like this outfit very much. There's not really much that can be done to make it better.
Perez: Child I searched high and low for my Hannah Montana microphone and couldn't find it, I was soooo bummed! I'm glad you found yours because it totally adds to the overall look. Purple_Person10 modeled herself after the same look, but you won the side-by-side because I thought yours was the better of the two :)

punkyfish2007


Rhi: LOVE! This outfit must have cost a bomb, way to commit!
Ashton: I'd have to say I love this.
Perez: This is probably one of the cutest things Rachel has ever done, which is saying a lot since she's pretty frickin' adorable 24/7, so it goes without saying that I straight up Rachel Zoe died when I saw this! (and then was tossed in a casket and buried when I saw the To_Royal Theatricality Extravaganza that's coming up!!) Great job, you look amazing!


LoveGossip4life, blueberry-dream, PerezStarGossip, queen-of-mean., marrc24


Rhi: No complaints, but none blow my pop-socks off either. They've all pretty much nailed the Rachel Berry look of long socks and checkered skirts.
Ashton: I'd have to say the long songs screams Rachel Berry. Snaps for all of you!
Perez: blueberry-dream's looks soooo familiar, I know it's super similar to something Rachel has worn on the show, I wanna say it was during one of her duets with Mercedes maybe? I couldn't find a photo, but I'm pretty sure! I really love that outfit. Other than her, of this group I think my favorite Rachel is LoveGossip4life (though I'm not sure if Rachel would wear those shoes), but my favorite Rachel face is marrc24 they perfectly captured Rachel's constant enthusiasm and eagerness!

vitalstatistick, Purple_Person10, RulerofRoses, laurenboy, Dakota_Vega


Ashton: I don't think I like any of these. I'd have to say the best one is laurenboy's outfit.
Rhi: It's a Berry plague! I agree, laurenboy's outfit wins here. Ruler of Roses gets an honourary mention for going a little crazy with the skirt.
Perez: Of this group, my favorite Rachel is definitely vitalstatistick, she looks so much like Rachel and I just love her outfit. I also really like RulerofRoses for the same reason as Rhi, love the 'Little House on the Prairie' skirt, she's never worn anything like that on the show but you know she totally would! Purple_Person10's doesn't stand out at all, and laurenboy's and Dakota's stand out for the wrong reasons. Lauren just looks a hot mess to me, and when I saw Dakota's I heard the "One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.." song in my head. Who are you? You're not Rachel, that's for sure.

Theatricality
To_Royal

Perez: HOLY. SHIT. Seriously?! This is insane, I can't believe she did 8 different outfits this impeccably, and so quickly, she was one of the first people to comment!! I am completely blown away, I keep staring at these outfits trying to figure out how she did certain things and it's impossible, she combines decor items with clothing so seamlessly that for most of them I can't tell which is which! Dei is on another level, I really can't say it enough! I've tried and tried and tried to pick a favorite and I can't, I kid you not, it's like Sophie's Choice over here.
Ashton: OMG I'm honestly speechless! When I first looked at this image I thought what the hell they all used the same background then I go down to see it was Dei that made all of them. I have to say this was one of my favourite Glee episodes and Dei you've honestly put in 110% like you do every week. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Rhi: Flipping hell, way to make all of us look bad, Dei! It's hard enough to pull off one outfit, let alone 8 of the most complicated (and I expect expensive) looks of the entire show. I think her rendition of Kurt's outfit (silver, with blonde hair) is my favourite, but ask me again at this time tomorrow and I'll probably say something else! Gaga impersonators of Stardoll, Dei has just put all of you to shame. Welcome to the top of the Best Dressed list, girl.

Tina
kieshagiesha, sakutaro


Rhi: This was totally my real life Halloween outfit last year. Sakutaro wins it by a hair because she looks almost exactly like Tina in the photo, however kieshagiesha still pulled it off flawlessly.
Ashton: It's a very easy look to create and I'd have to say you both pulled it off really well. But I think the winner would be sakutaro.
Perez: LOVE!! All these Theatricality outfits made me sooooo happy, they're just so creative and fun! sakutaro's doll looks absolutely gorgeous, she's definitely the prettiest Tina of the whole night, and I think she did a better job of placing the bubbles so that it looked like a dress she was wearing and not like they were just floating all over the place, but I really like Kiesha's too and her bubble headpiece is so cute, so I don't think I can declare a winner here. It's a tie.

PerezStarGossip


Ashton: I actually really like this, Tina is a very minimal person but I feel like giving her the chanel bag made it really stand out the most. Good job!
Rhi: Tina's one of my favourites of the whole series (seriously, she doesn't get enough focus) so I'm a little biased here, but I love the whole look. The knee-high Converse are EXACTLY her style, same goes for the Chanel hat! Perfecto.
Perez: Yeah, before I even thought to do this theme, when I saw those Converse I thought TINA! She'd love these! I'm with you Rhi, she's so underused which is ridiculous because she has an amazing voice, but Ryan Murphy promised to focus more on the supporting cast in season 3 so maybe we'll get our way!

xxlovexx, megamaggie6


Rhi: xxlovexx has gone a little more grunge than goth-lolita, but the hair is very her. megamaggie6 did pretty well, but from the knees up it looks more prom than goth. Not freaky enough for Tina!
Ashton: I'm really unsure if I like either of the two. I'd have to say megamaggie6 looks similar to Tina but you could have made your look so much better! And xxlovexx I'm not really sure I understand your look to much...
Perez: To be fair, megamaggie6 didn't say she based herself on Tina's prom outfit, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it, and if she wasn't attempting her prom look then I'm really confused because it doesn't look like anything Tina would really wear otherwise. In the first few episodes of season 1 of the show Tina's character did dress kind of punk rock, which is I think what xxlovexx was going for, so I actually like it a lot. If I could have found a good picture I would have done a side-by-side for you too, but since I didn't and there were no other Tinas to group you with I just tossed you in with Maggie, that's why this is so random lol

Brittany
PerezStarGossip


Rhi: Wow P, you're into this theme big time! I love Britney's sense of style, Perez pulled of the quirky-cute look really well here. Plus I'm forever in love with that hat.
Ashton: LOVE LOVE LOVE! I really have nothing else to say.
Perez: Brittany is definitely my favorite character, OMG, her winningness is like crack to me! The only reason I even bought that Hot Buys hat was because it reminded me of her so I knew I had to throw this together. The girl can wear anything, seriously, ANYTHING! I woulda been rocking the arm warmers just like all the other girls at McKinley after she wore them :D:D Artie is my second favorite character so I love them as a couple, I hope they get back together in season 3. And I wish I had attempted his look, especially since I knew no one else would!

loly_crazy_lol


Rhi: It's pretty. but the top would have been so much better if it had been done in StarDesign and added the red heart over the top of the stripes. But if you're a Non-SS then this is the best you could have done with the crappy selection we get!
Ashton: Boring reinterpretation.
Perez: Another outfit where they didn't specify the inspiration, I just assumed. This was from the Valentine's Day episode, Silly Love Songs, definitely one of my absolutel favorites, and she's wearing this when Artie and Mike serenade her and Tina with 'Pretty Young Thing (P.Y.T.)'! I think loly did really well, Brittany would totally wear a striped shirt with argyle socks! :D:D

ilovebears9


Rhi: I love this outfit in the show (and in real life, I guess). I can't decide whether I like it or not. The torso bit was pulled off perfectly, but it could have done without the snake sat awkwardly behind her head. The shorts were a good effort too, but are too bright for the rest of the outfit. A great effort though, and I love the 'dirty blonde' hair too.
Ashton: I know it would have been hard to do but I have to say I like it, and dislike it.
Perez: I dunno yal, I think you must be hitting the pipe to not think this is pretty epic! I think she did an amazing job with this! I myself attempted this look back in the day, and it was nowhere near as good as this! I do agree that the placement of the snake is kind of awkward though.

PerezStarGossip


Rhi: Flawless. I would have pulled my hair out trying to get that top to look right!
Ashton: AMAZING. Enough said.
Perez: These have been selling like hotcakes! (Why do people say that? Are hotcakes really that popular?) I couldn't resist trying this and it came out way better than I expected, awkward lamp pom poms and all :D:D

Santana
blueberry-dream


Rhi: High five for the zombies! I love the sores cominng off the face, and the bottom of the dress matches Santana's perfectly. Great hair, great makeup, great everything!
Ashton: Just like Welsh_witch's costume you ROCKED it! Looks so similar and the make-up is perfect!
Perez: Another epic zombie, and the make-up is insane!! I love how you layered the dresses! Yal are making me wish I had come as Zombie Brittany, I remember loving her dress. 

Seasonalhotbuys

Ashton: Great, but there are so many other outfits you could have chosen.
Rhi: A little too safe, but pulled off great. Agree with Ashton, there are so many more outfits to choose from, you might as well go for something crazy.
Perez: Meh. Not feeling this. Granted I think Santana's style is so-all-over-the-place-atrocious, girlfriend needs to get back in her Cheerios uniform and stop assaulting my eyes with her ensembles, so it's definitely a safer bet to do a Naya Rivera photoshoot look than an actual Santana Glee outfit, but this is just boring to me, and I don't get the Snooki poof and eyeshadow. It is cool that you happened to have the exact same scarf though!

Mercedes
LipGlossStar9


Rhi: You definitely got Mercedes' style down, and matched the photo really well considering it was all from stuff available in the Plaza.
Ashton: It looks like you gave it your all and I honestly really love this outfit. It has all the similar features to the real photo.
Perez: I really like this a lot, I love how you layered the Sunny Bunny wig over your regular hair to give yourself bangs, and that you literally got every single little detail down to the necklace she's wearing, that's the kind of thing that really impresses me!

Lollara123

Ashton: There's not really much you can do with this outfit but I actually really like it.
Rhi: I like it too. The eyes are a little nutso, and it could have done with some chunky Reebok-style shoes or something. But it's good, great effort.
Perez: I'm so with you on the crazy eyes, that was so distracting at first! :D:D But same as the last Mercedes, I really like the attention to detail, though I can tell you don't watch the show cuz Mercedes would never wear those shoes, and they don't go with the outfit anyway. Rhi knows what's up, this needed some awesome sneakers or boots.

PerezStarGossip


Rhi: That jacket is Mercedes in fabric form. I remember a killer necklace that was basically a big purple tape-deck that would have been perfect for this, but Archives only seem to release the stuff no one needs! Another great one P, you're killing us over here!
Ashton: As much as this looks nothing alike I can still see Mercede's wearing it. Especially the bag and the jacket. Overall a really great combo.
Perez: The same thing happened to me that happened to xxlovexx with Tina, I didn't base this on a specific outfit she's worn, and there weren't any other Mercedeses (Mercedi?) to group me with, so I went with this photo as a last resort. My favorite part of the outfit is definitely the purse, it's soooo Mercedes!

vitalstatistick


Rhi: YES! I'm getting flashbacks to the 'Brides and Grooms' party PSG had a few years ago! This is one of my favourites of the whole list, there isn't any part of it I don't love.
Ashton: As much as I hate to admit this, I LOVE IT!
Perez: Hahaha this is so great!! Amber Riley in this photo is just off the charts fun and adorable, and vitalstatistick definitely captured that perfectly!

Quinn
PerezStarGossip


Rhi: Wow, I really love that dress! Thanks to that photo, I'm only now realising how similar Quinn and Rachel actually dress, but this is totally Quinn. Damn, I wish Stardoll sold baby-bumps!
Ashton: I think this screams out Quinn. The use of the hotbuys dress just made it. I think that Quinn is a character that loves the use of appliqué on her clothing and she loves herself some cardigans. You rocked this look!
Perez: Okay so another Glee fashion rant, same as with Santana, I absolutely HATE what Quinn has been wearing in season 2! Season 1, the inspiration for my outfit, was all cute little dresses with cardigans, very soft and feminine, and this season it's been so random!! Ugly grandma sweaters, strange prairie dresses and skirts paired with bizarre hats, and she hasn't met an fug ankle boot she didn't like! Not to mention her hair was looking so old-lady-Farrah-Fawcett, just bangs that were too fluffed out with way too much hairspray, and it kept getting shaggier and shaggier, thank god she cut it off it looks much better now. /rant 


Queencutiesoda


Rhi: I like this, surprisingly. I like how she found a non-Glee related photo, and the makeup and bodice match the photo really well. Purdy.
Ashton: I really don't like this at all.
Perez: Wow Dianna Agron is so beautiful it hurts to look at her! That photo is stunning, and I think you did it justice with your outfit. Easy/safe choice, but not completely boring. 

Finn
Rascal313


Rhi: First of all I was like 'WHO IS THE KID?!'. I thought you guys had posted a spoiler and Finn suddenly got broody and kidnapped adopted a 6-year old. I like it, creative use of Stardesign and I like how you positioned him with a football and drumkit! Total Gleek, I can tell.
Ashton: The one thing I hate about Finn are his vests. But I guess that's what makes his character. I really like the way you appropriated his outfit. Well done!
Perez: Haha, Finn and his puffy vests, so bad it's good! Like Rhi commented, I can definitely tell you're a Gleek, all the extra details are awesome! Love the Star Designed hoodie under the vest, and your hairstyle is perfect, you look great. That photo is Cory posing with his Mini-Finn from season 2's "The Substitute", where Mr. Schu is sick and turns around from the dry-erase board and suddenly all the Glee kids look like toddlers to him :D:D

Kurt
loveshorses5


Rhi: The facial features are spot on, as is the outfit from the waist down. I'm not convinced about the fingerless gloves and chain-belt, I think you could have gone a little more metro-sexual and sparkly for Kurt.
Ashton: This actually looks like Kurt. Not just the outfit but the facial features too! I really like it.
Perez: It's amazing how much you got your doll to look like Kurt, seriously that face?! So perfect it's creepy! At first glance I thought you were going for Mellencamp Kurt from season 1 where he's trying to bond with his father, but then I realized it was just earth-tone Kurt which is why I chose this picture for you. Either way I love it, you look awesome!

TrixieDeeLight


Rhi: You managed to make Kurt look masculine. Which is odd, seeing as your doll is female. I don't like the scarf, I think it would have looked better if you'd used the StarDesign template and made a plain brown one.
Ashton: As boring as the outfit is I think you could have done a better job.
Perez: I think this is kinda fierce, I like it! This is another case where I chose the picture for them, Blake didn't say this was his inspiration. But yeah I think it's great, Kurt would totally wear that shawl!

Puck
Brunoexclusive


Ashton: Hahahaha the hair makes the outfit. Love it.
Rhi: Nice mohawk, bro!
Perez: Pucking awesome (I couldn't resist)!! Simple outfit, but very well executed!

Sam
semimilor_jonas


Rhi: Hey fish-lips! It's great you didn't go for a main character, but it still looks a little boring.
Ashton: Boring. The outfit is as boring as the appropriation.
Perez: The Justin Beiber Experience! I love Sam, his oddball nerdiness is so hot to me, plus you could grate cheese on his abs. I'm so sad he's not coming back for season 3, especially when they finally gave him a great storyline towards the end of season 2! :(:(

Holly Holiday
Kate Benzman


Ashton: I think this was done really well. And what makes it is the purple umbrella and the cast member behind her. Good job Kate!
Rhi: This is as near to perfect as it's possible to get. I love the little splash underneath the boot, and the backing dancer dressed up in the background. Looks great all round!
Perez: Dit-to Rhi, this is as perfect as it gets!! It's definitely one of my favorites of the entire night, I was completely floored when I saw it!

Sue Sylvester
megamaggie6


Rhi: The face will haunt my dreams forever. But the accessories and tracksuit are dead on!
Ashton: Hahaha! This screams out Sue! But maybe it could have been done a little better?
Perez: The Billy Idol scowl is totally working for me, Sue is constantly mean-muggin' so I feel like it's as much a part of her look as the tracksuits are! :D:D And you surrounded with trophies, just cloaked in win, what could be more Sue? Great job girl!

Diva6723


Rhi: I so tried to do this look, and gave up trying to put the stripes on the top! I love it, absolutely seamless. Props on the hair too, it looks awesome.
Ashton: This is the greatest thing on Earth! This was one of my favourite things she wore all season and you did such a good job!
Perez: OMG!! Amazeballs fantesticles, I'm obsessed with this outfit! Great job on the hoodie, how perfect, what a great Sue moment to choose!!

Anonymous


Rhi: Sue Sylvester, dance on air! This is how to do a basic outfit and still make it look damn fine.
Ashton: A very minimal costume but I actually really like it.
Perez: Completely agree, I love this! Another great Sue moment!

Emma Pillsbury
PerezStarGossip

Ashton: Hehehehe love it. Especially the yellow pumps.
Rhi: Ginger power! I can so imagine the 'mentally ill pygmy with eyes like a bushbaby' wearing this. My favourite ever quote, by the way.
Perez: "Your husband is hiding his keilbasa in a Hickory Farms gift basket that doesn't belong to you!" hahahahahaha :D:D I'm obsessed with Emma's style, she always looks perfectly put together. 

ashy_loves_you, JB_flmw, rose8971


Rhi: ashy_loves_you, got the closest here with the big 'ol bow and bright clothes. JB, that outfit is way too risque for Emma, it needs a cardigan and some tights. Rose just about missed the mark with all the bright badges(?) and the flower, but get rid of them and it would have been Emma's cute style perfectly.
Ashton: The two other then mine are very boring. I feel like Emma is a very quirky character and she loves to mix and match various colours. I think they both could have been done WAY better.
Perez: None of these really look like something Emma would wear, Ashton's outfit is awesome but way too funky for Emma's taste, JB looks trashy, and rose looks too hippy dippy. Emma is definitely more straight-laced and clean lines. 

Born This Way
hotgirl1501, lilsha123


Rhi: It's hard to do words on Stardesign t-shirts (I wonder why Stardoll hasn't released a feature that let's us do that yet?) so they did well considering the tools they had to work with. Are you guys any characters, or just yourselves in a white t-shirt?
Ashton: These both could have been done way better. I feel like the shirts are no where near as good as the ones in the episode.
Perez: @Rhi, hotgirl1501 based hers on Kurt, but I think lilsha just came as herself. hot girl I love, and her shirt is rad. lilsha's shirt isn't as good, but I think she looks really cute and I love her bubble gum! I think I'm probably gonna make myself one of these shirts. It'll say "LAZY" lol

Sunshine Corazon
evermore1girl, Diva6723


Ashton: I don't like the first one. The use of the badges was unnecessary. I like Diva6723, especially the way she used the shoes.
Rhi: Agree with Ashton, Diva wins this one hands down, the outfit is almost identical. The badges weren't needed on the first one, but I like the use of the headphones, considering how the epic 'Telephone' sing-off begins!
Perez: I actually really like evermore1girl's outfit, you barely see a full shot of Sunshine in that scene, so I can see how she just went with the inspiration but did her own thing. Diva got lucky and found that head-to-toe photo online, and she looks totally perfect obviously, I mean damn those shoes are identical! Everything is pretty much identical, and I love how she put her doll in the bathroom, the setting for Rachel and Sunshine's duel! Well, Rachel was dueling, Sunshine just thought she was making a new friend. She figured it out when she ended up at a crackhouse, poor thing =/ lol

No comments:

Post a Comment