Monday, August 29, 2011

My VMA '11 Round Up

Hey guys! Since I am not tired at 3-something a.m., I decided to whip up a post about the Video Music Awards 2011.

BUT, if you want to watch the awards first or just for yourself later, here is the official MTV listing for the show's videos HERE.

But anyway! Here are MY choices of highlights of the night!

---
Worst Dressed Of The Night


Britney Spears
LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Britney Spears, winner of the Video Vanguard Award and Best Pop Video Award for 'Till the World Ends' walks into the press room during the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
I love Brit! And people really did like this look a lot.. and I am sure you like it too, but not me! It looks like a weird sparkly romper to me. And the way it fits her, makes her look pregnant to me. And the frills on the sleeves and bottom do not help to me.



Justin Bieber
LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Justin Bieber arrives at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Ew, I really don't see Justin with any 'swag' in this look. Though I love bold colored jeans, the leopard kicks kill this look for me. AND his pants are sagging, gross. But at least he has a fabulous pet snake [seen on his right hand] to make this look better.



Katy Perry's 'Block Head' Look
122729034_10.jpg 
Umm.. yeah. Need I say more?



Deena From 'Jersey Shore'
122733527_10.jpg
She literally Tweeted when going to the show 'I got my Skittlez dress on!' And boy, you sure were right.. *puke*


---
On The Fence Looks


Beyonce
LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Beyonce arrives at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Hmm, to be honest, at first sight, I love it, its very simple and nicely shaped. But after a few times looking at it, I am a bit iffy about it.. It kind of reminds me of a moo moo. But none the less, Queen B looks fab!



Miley Cyrus
Miley Cyrus at 2011 VMA'sLOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Miley Cyrus arrives at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
To be honest, I am leaning more to the 'love' side of the fence. But I don't know, maybe the floral and leopard print clash just a tad bit. But still, she doesn't look half bad.



Katy Perry's 'Sexy In Black & Purple' Look
LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Katy Perry speaks onstage during the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
To be frank, I like it a lot. But I am not sure if I would call it a best dressed or not.




Kim Kardashian
KIM KARDASHIAN photo | Kim Kardashian
Eh.. Its just.. eh..

---
Craziest Looks Of The Night



 Katy Perry's 'Geisha' & 'Record' Dresses
122733307_10.jpgLOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Katy Perry  arrives at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
I am in LOVE with the geisha dress! I know its extremely tacky, but it looks so awesome to me!



LMFAO with Shuffle Bot
(sorry for bad photo quality)

I didn't know what was funnier when watching their interview, how RedFoo (guy on the right) was trying to make Kreayshawn (she is nominated for 'Best New Artist') to grab his junk where the hand print was, or when Shuffle Bot busted out his fancy dance moves!




Nicki Minaj's Japan Inspired Look
122732928_10.jpg
 I actually am in love with this look. Its not because its Nicki being 'crazy' or 'bad', (like some of her fans say), I just love the idea behind it, and I am a sucker for Japanese flared clothing.


Jessie J's Black Carpet & Stage Looks
After being injured earlier this summer, Jessie J tries her best to be as crazy as ever with this red carpet look. But her stage look was even more extreme.


---
Best Looks Of The Night


Selena Gomez
LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Selena Gomez arrives at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
 Though some were iffy about this look, being that it sort of looks like a vampire cape. This has to be on of the top looks of the night for sure.


Demi Lovato
DEMI LOVATO photo | Demi Lovato
I'm lovin' it. But is it me, or does she look really different? I don't know, maybe she just got a tan.




Kelly Rowland
KELLY ROWLAND photo | Kelly Rowland
I think this is a bad photo of the dress, but really, when she was being interviewed, she looked fierce up close.

Tyler The Creator's Tie-dye Cat Tee
Tyler, The Creator contributes one of the biggest highlights of the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.
Okay.. okay.. the tee shirt is my guilty pleasure, I love tie-dye, its.. funky. And the cat makes it even more loveable for me.


---
The Nights Highlights




Lady Gaga performing as Jo Calderone
122748277_10.jpgLOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Lady Gaga accepts the Best Female Video award onstage during the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Lady Gaga's alter-ego, Jo Calderone, wades through smoke and delivers a performance of 'Yoü And I' that is cigarette-burned into the minds of viewers at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.

Lady G opened the show, seen during the show, and seen after the show, in only ONE get-up, her as Jo Calderone (which seems to be her 'boyfriend'). She gave a very moving act as Jo and an amazing performance of her new single 'You and I.'




Bruno Mars Singing 'Valerie' - A Tribute To Amy Winehouse
LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Bruno Mars performs onstage during the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)Bruno Mars channels the charm of Tony Bennett during a performance of 'Valerie' at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.

 To be honest, I wouldn't call it moving, but it was an excellent performance dedicated to Amy with one of my favorite songs actually 'Valerie' by Amy Winehouse.


Britney Spears Tribute
122729157_10.jpg
MTV decided to create a new award called 'TThe Michael Jackson Video Vanguard' Award. And Lady Gaga, as Jo, presented it, and I quote, she said, 'I use to hang posters of her on my wall and touch myself..' But anyway, they had an amazing dance performance by at least 50 to 60 12-18 year old girls, it was so cute and a bit weird to see tons of different mini-Brits all over the stage.


Brit and Jo's Almost Kiss
122748250_10.jpg'Till The World Ends' singer Britney Spears gets nervous as an overzealous Lady Gaga shrouded in Jo Calderone's clothes tries to lean in for a smooch at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.
The crowd with wild when after Brit accepted her 'Vanguard' (I suggest you watch it for yourself) award, her and 'Jo' were toe to toe, in a deep eye lock, and Brit called it off saying 'I've done that already'. But Jo is later seen 'snoodling' with Britney after the show.


Chris Brown's Epic Dance-Off
Chris Brown gets high during a performance of 'Yeah 3X' and 'Beautiful People' at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.Chris Brown one, two steps his way through a mix of 'Yeah 3X' and 'Beautiful People' at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.
Chris Brown killed it on stage. Nothing else I can say. [Video]


And my last show highlight..




Beyonce Is Pregnant
Beyonce and a brand-new baby bump light up a purple and sparkly 'Love On Top' performance at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles.LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 28:  Singer Beyonce arrives at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on August 28, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
 That's right, Queen B and Jay-Z are expecting! The media is going crazy over this right now. And even though I  don't think much of it, I think its awesome she is going to be a mother, all I have to say is, ABOUT DAMN TIME!


---
Full Winner's List

VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Katy Perry, “Firework”

BEST FEMALE VIDEO
Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”

BEST NEW ARTIST
Tyler, The Creator, “Yonkers”

BEST MALE VIDEO
Justin Bieber, “U Smile”

BEST COLLABORATION
Katy Perry featuring Kanye West, “E.T.”

BEST HIP-HOP VIDEO
Nicki Minaj, “Super Bass”

BEST ROCK VIDEO
Foo Fighters, “Walk”

BEST POP VIDEO
Britney Spears, “Till the World Ends”

BEST VIDEO WITH A MESSAGE
Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”

BEST DIRECTOR
Adele, “Rolling in the Deep” (Director: Sam Brown)

BEST CHOREOGRAPHY
Beyoncé, “Run the World (Girls)”

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Katy Perry featuring Kanye West, “E.T.”

BEST ART DIRECTION
Adele, “Rolling in the Deep”

BEST EDITING
Adele, “Rolling in the Deep”

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Adele, “Rolling in the Deep”

---
Well that was my VMA round-up! If you want to see more photos and videos, you can visit MTV HERE! Or just Google whatever you want to know.

Did you watch or want to watch the VMAs?


What was your favorite part?

Love, Dei

P.s. If anyone was/is dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Irene, can you tell me in the comments, HOW ARE YOU DOING, MAN?!

No comments:

Post a Comment