Sunday, April 24, 2011

Someone should save me from this nightmare!- Olubayo Adefemi's lover

•Shade

From Facebook: “Love, I'm waiting for your message on my wall. Ni bo lo loh? (Where did u go?) Igba wo lo n pada bo? (When are you coming back?)”

The above lyrics from the song of Jay Won and Essence will remain on the lips of Folashade Adesina, the bereaved lover of the late Super Eagles' defender, Olubayo Adefemi for the very important reason that they first met on the Facebook.
According to the 23-year old student of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, she would need someone to help her out of the nightmare she's going through at the moment because she could not imagine that her man is gone forever.

“I can't imagine people coming to sympathise with me when I should instead be getting congratulatory visits for our proposed traditional wedding this weekend. In fact, I had to leave my place and run down to my cousin's place for succour to see if this nightmare can pass away, but as much as I pray for it to leave me, the stake reality keeps starring in the face. I'm so confused.

“You can imagine that as I speak with you, his family was billed to be here by now to start preparations with me for our wedding. Now, everything has turned into a mere wish that would never come to pass.
“He (Olubayo) died on Monday and my last telephone conversation with him was at 12 mid-night (the same day). We spoke at length about the preparations for our traditional marriage and how I would receive him at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on his arrival. He sounded healthy and didn't complain of any illness. So, that was why I couldn't believe it when I was told that he was dead.”

She further said: “Honestly, my life has been empty without Bayo, I don't know what next to do. I'm now confused. His death is a big blow. It's like I'm in a dreamland because these are the people (pointing at the people condoling her) who are supposed to be congratulating me if our traditional marriage was done on Saturday as planned. I still expect the same people to tell me sorry that it has been a dream.
“I will remember Bayo for everything. He was my best friend and confidant. He listened to me and we shared our problems together. He called me almost every hour from Greece to find out how I was doing. It's a pity that nobody calls me like that anymore. I will miss all that.”

On how she met her late lover, Folashade recalled: “We met last year on Facebook, but I never took him seriously. It was when his phone calls started coming regularly and when he came to visit my family in company of his friends last Christmas that I began to see the seriousness in him. He later took me to his pastor and I visited his family home in Ikorodu, where he introduced me to his mother.

Source : www.sunnewsonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment