Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More Nudity For Your Young Eyes....

So if you’re living under a rock and haven’t heard about the new Risque magazine spoiler, let me update you. I was pleasantly surprised with a message from Aislin this morning containing nothing more than a link to the spoiler of her upcoming magazine Risque. Seeing the name, i already knew what to expect.
 It’s cute, Dei looks great. I do admit I was intrigued but not so much impressed. All of Aislin’s projects turn out great we all know that, but nudity within a Stardoll magazine has been done over and over before. Something tells me this is just another Eternity. The spoiler itself is just fine in my opinion, but upon visiting the blog, I was surprised to see a fully (and semi-realistically) naked woman on the background. Now I will inform you all that there is a Content Advisory at the outset of the site, but curiosity will lead us all to do some crazy things sometimes.
People can go on and on about how “nudity is art” but this isn’t the Louvre, it’s Stardoll. And when your mother is standing behind you wondering why you’re looking at sites with naked women on them (whether they’re digital or not), it doesn’t look like art to her, it’s a naked woman! Why is it that whenever people want to be “artistic” the first thing they think of is exposing someone’s digital nipples??
My opinion on the matter is that there is an appropriate time and place for certain things. I felt like Eternity kind of caved after all the criticism regarding the Mel issue. I guess we’ll have to see where this one ends up. If Aislin is determined enough to stick with the idea, it may work out well for her. But the “artistic” excuse is getting played out. If I’m staring at a Greek painting full of nudity, I don’t mind it at all, I look past the nudity and see the art within it. But when I’m looking at a blog background with simply a naked woman and nothing else, I don’t see art, I see controversy. I’m not trying to bash the magazine itself because plenty of magazines have tried it, but the idea is a bit inappropriate for Stardoll. The point of a dressup site is to put on the clothes, not take them off.
-ebonymeme

UPDATE::
Risque Magazine has been released! I took the time to read the issue and i think the graphics were nice, but my opinion of the nudity has yet to change. If you want, check out the magazine and tell us what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment