Sunday, June 26, 2011

How ‘Holy Spirit’ marriage collapsed

THE Holy Bible says, “He  who finds  a  wife, has found favour from God.”
When the wife of Jide disclosed to him that she was the Juliet divinely made for him  as  wife  during  a church service in 2006, he thought he had indeed found favour from God.
Without doubting the supposed Holy Spirit speaking through the woman, the man endorsed the lady instantly only to regret later. As if the woman used magic on the man of God, the two of them suddenly became husband and wife, though the  woman  had denied using  deceit  or magic to marry the man.
Two children who are products of the collapsed marriage, are the victims of  the  deceit. Their plight  has  elicited reactions from a non-governmental organisation, Child Growth Concerned Initiative (CGCI).

Jide 48, a minister of God told Sunday Tribune that he was invited to hold a week long crusade at Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Airport, Ibadan, on August 6, 2006, by  the founder of the church.
According to him, on the first  day  of the  crusade,  a  lady, Dupe, allegedly under the influence of the Holy Spirit  instructed all  worshippers in the  church  to  wash  their  heads with special water provided by the church.
Jide continued: “The  church’s  founder told me  that Dupe was her daughter and had not married before. She  was staying  in the  mission  house  with  the founder. Shortly before the crusade ended, Dupe was again caught by the  Holy  Spirit  and remained under  its influnce for  seven  days.
“The church’s founder, who  knew  that  since my wife  left  me I  had  not  re-married,  advised me to  re-marry.  I  wrote names of two  girl friends  of  mine  on a paper for the Holy Spirit  to pick the  right  choice for me.
“Speaking through an  interpreter, Dupe, who was being used by the Holy Spirit, did not pick from  the list, instead she  said she was the one  specially ordained for me by God.
“It  was a surprise to me. I complied with what the Holy Spirit had said. Without any ceremony, she moved into my house at Oluyole Estate, Ibadan, immediately she was released by the Holy Spirit.
“It  was  when  she  got  to my house that  I realised I  was her third husband. She bore a child for the first husband before they separated. She had a stillbirth for the  second husband, fought him and later left him.
Jide, who accused Dupe of  being heady  and stubborn, said he did not  enjoy  sex with her throughout the period  they were together until he sent  her packing in 2008.
He said: “Each time we had sexual relationship, I usually had ill-luck in my business.”
“It  was when I investigated the cause spiritually that I was told that Dupe had disappointed many men and they had cursed her.
“The period  that she was in my house was like a hell to me. She was quarrelsome and made  life  difficult  for me. I became wretched, my business went down. I realised that she deceived me  into  marrying her. As far as I know, Dupe is not a wife but a devil.
“On the two children she had for me, I told her to open a bank account for them  so that  I could deposit  money in  it  for their education and upkeep, but  she refused. I don’t want to see her again.
“She lied against  my first  son from my first marriage. She said that  the boy  made love advances to her. She did this so that I could eject the boy from  my house. She had wanted to treat the boy like  a  slave, but the boy refused.”
However, Dupe in a reaction, asked, “If he did not enjoy having  sex with  me, why  did he ask for  it  on the day we christened my second  child? He beat  and kicked me because I refused to submit to his sexual demand.
“He  lied  by  saying  that I deceived him  into marrying  me. He concocted the story of the Holy  Spirity to disparage me.
“We  met  in 2006 at  the  church. I  delivered  my  first   child in July 2007. The problem with my husband started immediately after the  delivery  of  my  first child. Jide began to  womanise,  he preferred to  spend more time outside to staying  in the house with me. He was always coming home late.
“I wondered why somebody, who  called himself an elder in the  church and a minister of God, could engage in such atrocities? He was not honest  with me. Even  while  in the  house, he  would  receive  telephone calls from  girl friends, discussing love issues and fixing appointments  with them  right in my presence.
“If I  should complain,  he  would flare up. When I had the pregnancy of our  second child, he got  annoyed  saying  it was too sudden and that he was not expecting it.
“Each time I  asked for money to buy food, he would get annoyed.I fled to my parents’ house several times to feed.
“One day, after beating me, he still went ahead to demand for sex, which I refused because he did not  give me money for food.
“I am  his third wife,  though he had  divorced  them before he  married me.
“He  decided  to leave  me and my children when he started to befriend another woman at a Celestial Church in Mokola. The woman  has four children for her former husband.
“Not  that I want to go back to him, I don’t need him, but he should provide money for the education and upkeep of  my children.”
Dupe said her estranged husband lied by saying he wanted to  open a bank account for her children, saying he never meant well for them.
Worried by the plight of the children produced by the ‘Holy Spirit’ marriage, the Child Growth Concerned Initiative (CGCI) has sought to reconcile the estranged couple.
CGCI president, Mr Kehinde Akinyemi, told Sunday Tribune that his organisation had tried to organise meetings for the couple to dialogue on how to take care of the two children, adding that the man had on different occasions refused to honour the invitations. “The future of these children is very important to our organisation and should be a concern to all Nigerians. We are greatly disturbed on why the man should visit the sins of his wife on the innocent children,” Mr Akinyemi said.

Culled from : Nigerian Tribune.

No comments:

Post a Comment