Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Katy Perry's Best & Worst Dressed!

Last Friday Night's Radio Perez was a blast, and as usual the party goers did not disappoint!

♪ ♫ Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F) ♪ ♫
Kathy Beth Terry BEFORE:
EliteNews

Perez: Baya (or Vanessa? Vanaya?) was the only person who came as Kathy Beth Terry pre-makover, and she NAILED IT!! She got everything down to the most minute detail and she looked amazing.
Dan: I love it! this is totes amazing, little nit-pick but I wish the shorts color matched the vest but that doesn't even matter. I love Kathy Beth Terry.
Rhiannon: This is the first and last time I have marveled at the genius of someone being able to recreate crocs 'n' socks! Totes agree, she nailed it, as if we expected anything less. 
Jack: She paid a lot of attention to detail with this outfit and did not disappoint. I love the braces!

Kathy Beth Terry AFTER:
PerezStarGossip ~ freeduck_ ~ Elite-girl ~ kieshagiesha

Perez: As you can see Kathy post-makeover was a much more popular costume, which is why both Linda and I changed into second costumes right before the party started lol, but it's such a fun look! I searched the StarBazaar for like 20 minutes looking for that top (remember the Frozen shop from back in the day?) and it was totally worth it! Jack really had the geeky braces grin down, and I like how he layered the earrings. I don't get why Linda's wearing the scarf..
Dan: Honestly I think only Perez pulled it off, the others look like their outfit went through the spin cycle one too many times and lost its color, I think Jack's looks a little crazy too, Tyra forehead and all. Perez wins this one hands down.
Rhiannon: Jack and Perez are my two favorites here, but it's tough competition! kieshagiesha gets an A for effort, but the details are important here, people!
Jack: I agree with Dan, some of the outfits look a little too "pastel", but marks to everyone for effort! Linda didn't really need the scarf. Perez definitely wins it!

Steve Johnson
FashionMan.

Perez: I love that someone came as the LFN hunk!! "Steve Johnson" was played by model Richie Nuzzolese, just wanted to state that for your stalking convenience.
Dan: Likey. Kind of the easy option though? I wish he'd have come as Everett for Baya though. Kathy and Everett = geeky love.
Rhiannon: It took me well over fifteen minutes to write this one sentence, as I was occupied staring at that photo. And typing 'Steve Johnson' into Google. And searching for his address. I think someone needs to disconnect my internet.
Jack: I totally forgot about this guy! I didn't think anyone would dress as him if I'm honest, although I'm glad someone did. The outfit could have been a little more detailed, though.

♪ ♫ E.T.
PerezStarGossip

Dan: I love this one, I expected way more dress-ups of this outfit to be honest, at least the one we got was fierce as hell. Great attention to detail too, Momma P dominated.
Rhiannon: I'm not trying to suck up to the boss here, but this is what the Best Dressed list was invented for. Plus, I LOVE that the background matches the outfit - this is commitment, guys!
Ps - Took me a minute to realize Perez appears on this list twice. That's a very special kind of badass-ness.
Perez: Thanks yal! I threw this together in like 10 minutes right before the party started, it was easy since I already owned pretty much everything I used, and it's so beautiful it hurts my eyes! I wish I had had more time to perfect the forehead make-up, but other than that I'm in love with it. I'm so vain I probably think this song is about me.
Jack: I adored this outfit! To say it was thrown together in such a short space of time, it looks tremendous! I love how the make up was almost identical and everything about this look is just "out of this world" ;)

Findurlove

Dan: I thought it was a windmill on her head when I scrolled down and I'm still not entirely sure if I like it or not, she obviously went to a lot of trouble to create this and props for that but really not diggin' this one.
Rhiannon: Can someone PLEASE dress badly for once? I'm tired of you guys and all your damn talent. Gorgeous as ever, nailed it as always. Yawn. And I may try to style my own hair like that from now on.
Perez: I loved this! It's really theatrical and beautiful, she took her inspiration from Katy but then made it her own. I really like the cap sleeve and cut-out effect created by the layering of the curtains, and how seamless and flowy everything is.
Jack: The curtains look kind of awkward and I'm not fond of the different shades of red, they clash kind of badly. The thing on her head looks cool. Why is she wearing gloves?

Elite-girl

Dan: I like the hair, it's cute but I wish she had gone into more detail with the face and used moles to recreate the deer spots on Katy's face, this could have been huge with a bit more attention to detail. Shame.
Rhiannon: So glad that everyone did the ET costumes justice. To the point where I think everyone should start dressing in gold-plated armour and 3-foot hair. The only thing I would have changed about this is taking away the random bow around the neck. I get she's meant to look like a fawn, but the ribbon looks more Babycham.
Perez: I agree with Dan, I wish she had attempted the make-up since it would have looked awesome, and some badass boots would have tied it all together better, but overall this is a great effort for a last minute outfit. Again with the damn scarf, what gives? Maybe there's a glitch and she can't take it off?
Jack: Once again, I have to agree with Dan. Linda could have put a little more effort in, but overall, the outfit is nice. What is it with her and that scarf?

♪ ♫ California Gurls ♪ ♫
lulla96

Dan: O.M.G. I lovvve this outfit, it's really detailed and she obviously worked hard copying the dress. Wish the hair was like Katy's though, and isn't this the girl fapping on Skype? Girl you don't need to fame whore it like that!
Rhiannon: I'm mega impressed someone was able to pull off this dress. It's making me want to lick the screen - is that weird? Just one thing: I'm sure that there's a hair that would match the photo better, but that hair works just as well.
Perez: This was my Halloween costume last year! I love it, her detailing is impeccable, but once again I agree with Dan, it would have been a home run with the right hair. There are a few in the Beauty Parlor that would have been great, or even that purple Sunny Bunny wig! I missed the "fapping", luckily.. :S
Jack: Oh wow, you can really tell she put a lot of thought into this! It looks so cute! The right hair would have definitely added to the beauty of this outfit, the shade she is wearing kind of sucks out some of the "candy-ness".

Cotton Candy
loveshorses5 ~ AislinVictory ~ alexcendraburke ~ Chace.Clark

Dan: I like lovehorses5 and Chace.Clark most, Chace has the cutest hair and am I the only one who thinks his make-up actually works? AislinVictory's is probably the weakest for me.
Rhiannon: loveshorses5 just pips Chace.Clark to the post at this one (Nice little horse pun, there). Love the extra little details, rather than just slathering themselves in confectionery. I can tell alexcendraburke tried with this, but it looks kinda sloppy.
Perez: In terms of creativity and overall execution, loveshorses5 has it hands down, but I'm completely obsessed with Chace! I love the hard candy bow-tie, I love the cotton candy in the static electricity hairdo, I love it all! And the makeup is perfect. I also love alexcendraburke's shoes. Aislin's is very pretty, but it doesn't stand out.
Jack: I am impressed by all of these outfits, but Chace's is superb! I really like the cotton candy hidden in his eccentric hairdo. Aislin did a good job, but maybe a different hair colour and make up would have really made the look complete.

supa_star4real ~ Laurenboy

Dan: Sorry I don't like either, supa_star4real had a theme which I think is cute but it's not much like Katy's outfit. Laurenboy looks like a broke down tranny/stripper working for dollar tips.
Rhiannon: I was afraid this would happen. Bravo for taking some artistic liberties, but neither of the outfits really mesh together. Tights + hotpants + bras = Hookers on the street corners of Candyland.
Perez: I'm torn. I definitely see what yal are saying because I do get a candy strippers vibe, but I think these could have been less trashy and more whimsical and fun with a few simple tweaks. I really like supa-star4real's overall look, love the strawberries on the top and shoes, I think she just needed to lose the 80's headband and try a different hairstyle. A candy-colored afro like the Bubblegum Girl in the music video would have been perfect! Laurenboy just needed to attempt a different top, and maybe go platinum blonde. I really like the cupcake headband!
Jack: Both of these outfits made me cringe. Laurenboy's hair is just NOT appropriate, at all. She looks frumpy and almost as though she is in pain. supa_star4real's tights are just plain weird.

♪ ♫ Hot N Cold ♪ ♫
sayanythingelse ~ boy912

Dan: HEY BOO! sayanythingelse wins, I think her outfit is cute. boy912 looks whoreific, is that toilet roll hanging from their head?
Rhiannon: sayanythingelse looks damn hot - the smudged makeup is HILAR. First time I looked at our boo's head,thought she had a Cruella D'Evil situation going on. I'm calling dibs on that idea for next party.
Perez: I'm actually going to disagree, I think boy912 takes this round, hers (his?) is really the closest to Katy's and it's adorable! Sayanythingelse's is really lovely though. Speaking of lovely, I remember Dei chose and killed this look for Kasia's Icon Party a few years ago!
Jack: Both outfits could have used more layering and detail, but I suppose they are okay. sayanythingelse looks nice, maybe she could have matched the outfit more.

♪ ♫ Thinking Of You ♪ ♫
Luxury_Magazine ~ To_Royal

Dan: Luxury_Magazine looks so much like Katy here, good work! I like how the simple layering works so well. I love Dei, she's lovely, but I'm not feeling this, it looks like a cowboy or something, I'll pass.
Perez: Luxury_Magazine did an awesome job, she looks beautiful and elegant and got every detail perfectly, but I also love Dei's! This is one of those rare occasions (like with Findurlove up there) where it doesn't matter to me that the outfit doesn't match perfectly because she took elements from Katy's look and created something unique that still fits within the theme.
Rhiannon: My favourite KP song and video, I think both girls did a bang-up job of the 'grieving war-widow' look. Wish Dei had done a mermaid skirt, or taken off the glasses though, something to make it look a little more vintage. Lux did an awesome job, end of.
Jack: The problem with Dei is that sometimes she can take her outfits over the top. This is exactly what she has done here. The shoes, the shoulder pads, the OTT hat? I just don't get it. Luxury_Magazine looks far more sophisticated and I think she did a much better job.

♪ ♫ Waking Up In Vegas ♪ ♫
Anonymous

Dan: Not surprised it was anonymous.
Perez: It's not so bad! If she had made it a red dress instead, thrown on some gloves, and attempted the feather headdress this could have been amazing!..okay fine, you're right. And why is she standing in a seashell?
Rhiannon: Every single party, SOMEONE get's their clam out.
Jack: There are so many things wrong with this, I don't know where to begin. She looks horrendous.


Russel Brand
SaltyDan

Perez: My husband came as her husband, how appropriate!! This is the perfect Russel, I doubt Dan even modeled it after any specific picture and he still got all the details down. I know a lot of people don't get the Russel Brand thing and were all "WTF?!" when Katy married him, but I so was not one of them, I think he's incredibly sexy.
Dan: This old thing? just threw it on. *flips hair*
Rhiannon: Nailed it! Wish I could think of a better term than that, but considering it's Russell Brand I think it's appropriate. Especially love the 'come hither' facial expression. Is that part of the costume?
Jack: Dan really captured Russel's edgy style, the boots especially! A very interesting choice, I like it!


Red Carpet Bipolar Katy
Welsh_witch

Perez: This is SO rad!! It's Rhian, are you surprised? This was really creative and well-executed, a Katy look that no one else would have thought of. I love all the little details, the mustache, the pants cuff, I can't stop staring at it!
Dan: Easily the best and most creative of the night, Rhian has done a fantastic job here, I'm in love with this outfit, great job! As Perez said, nobody else thought of this.
Rhiannon: Guys, I'm blushing!
Jack: Definitely one of the best looks of the night! I think this was a risk, but one that paid off, for sure!


Red Carpet Katy - Vanity Fair Cover Katy
lovechild13 ~ Miss_LolitaF

Perez: I call this the "Lazy" category. If you're just going to throw on a dress, at least get the details right.
Dan: Yeah, as Perez said, pretty lazy choices. Loving KP's titties in the Vanity Fair picture, though!
Rhiannon: These are the people that turn up to Halloween parties in their own clothes, and claim they came as psychopaths.
Jack: *yawn* Obvious lack of effort here, nothing more to say.

Tomorrow I'll announce this week's theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment