Wednesday, August 25, 2010

September 2010 Hotbuys Review

Hey everyone! I built a banner so it would be easier to tell who was writing, because with 7 available writers, it can get a bit hectic.
The 2010 September HotBuys were announced today, and I have to say that I'm overall pleased with the items. Hopefully they won't be too expensive, and they'll fit well. To view the release dates for the Hotbuys, click here. So now we'll start with my review! 1. Transparent Umbrella - 4/10 - I like this, but I just wouldn't wear it, because I can't seem to get it to fit in a good place on my medoll without it smacking her in the face. Maybe good for a suite umbrella?
2. Pocket Watch Necklace - 10/10 - Adorable! This is a great piece and is so versatile, especially for someone so obsessed with Alice in Wonderland as I. I love watches as jewelry, even if they don't seem to work.
3. Purple Dress - 8/10 - Pair this with some brown or gold accessories, and you'll look simply adorable. I'd think a bit before buying this, but it's definitely a piece to invest in. Not as versatile as it could be, but good nevertheless.
4. Office Dress - 9/10 - What more could I ask for in a dress? Flawless.
5. Felt Hat - 7/10 - Great design, but my only question is how will it fit onto my head? I imagine you'd need a certain hair to make it look good, which is unfortunate. I'd fork over my stardollars for this, especially because it'd go great with a bunch of outfits.
6. Big Sweater - 6/10 - It's not perfect, but it isn't horrible. I love the fit, but it's a bit too neon for an everyday look. I might purchase it if I had a party coming up, but not just to store.
7. Budgies Top - 7/10 - I love this! A budgerigar (budgie) is a parakeet from Australia, if you didn't know. It looks so fantastic, especially because one of them is wearing a pearl necklace!
8. Leather Jacket - 2/10 - Generous with the rating...I hate this. The only reason I could ever see myself wearing this, is if I had a party with a dresscode of Fugly.
9. Wedge Heel - 4/10 - This looks like a fading wedge, and I don't really like it. For some it'd be a good fit, but not for me.
10. Glitter Bag - 7/10 - Not a big fan of side purses, but it'd go good with some things!

The average score for this month's Hotbuys is a 6/10. Not bad, considering there were some pretty crappy items in here! I wouldn't sell these, I'd keep them in storage until the trend comes back up, as there are a lot of trendy items in this season's Hotbuys. Leave your opinions in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment