Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rihanna looks sophisicated for Glamour Magazine

Rihanna ditches her barely-there outfits for a series of sophisticated dresses



By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 10:15 PM on 27th July 2011


She is becoming well known for her love of barely-there outfits, raunchy dance moves and risqué music videos.

But Rihanna proves she can rock a much classier look in this month's Glamour magazine, where she poses in a series of striking vintage inspired dresses.

The 23-year-old singer manages to look chic and sophisticated in the evening-style wear, all of which provide more coverage of her assets than usual.



Glamour girl: Rihanna looks chic in a below-the-knee forest green dress with black lace detail
Glamour girl: Rihanna looks chic in a below-the-knee forest green dress with black lace detail



One image shows the star lying on a bed in a below-the-knee green Marc Jacobs dress teamed with Christian Louboutin shoes, with her bright red hair in loose curls.

Another shot features her looking striking in a calf length black and teal lace Vionnet dress as she holds an old-fashioned microphone in front of a band.

In an accompanying interview, the singer admits that she likes to shock with her outrageous choice of outfits.

'Getting dressed, I want to pick the most bizarre pair of shorts so I can figure out how to make it look right, or work an outfit that will make people go, “What the hell is she wearing?”' she says.

'I hate drama,' she adds. 'But at the same time, nothing bothers me more than when life’s perfect. And that’s the sick part. I just love a challenge, whether it’s a relationship, my career, clothing…'




Classy: Rihanna covers up in a midnight blue floral lace dress in an inside image from the latest issue of Glamour magazine
Classy: Rihanna covers up in a midnight blue floral lace dress in an inside image from the latest issue of Glamour magazine

Black tie: The singer wears a backless white top and black sequinned trousers for the cover of the magazine
Black tie: The singer wears a backless white top and black sequinned trousers for the magazine cover

Other photographs see her appear in a dramatic black jumpsuit and oversized Yves St Laurent white coat, along with a backless Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo and sequinned trousers on the cover.


Having been forced to defend her controversial music video Man Down against Parents Television Council criticism earlier this year, Rihanna reiterates that she can sometimes feel the pressure of being a role model can be restrictive.

'I want to set the right example and, at the same time, live my life,' she says.

'I feel like pop stars can’t be rock stars anymore because they have to be role models, and it takes the fun out of it for us, because we just want to have fun with art.'

The PTC blasted the singer's video for showing a 'cold, calculated execution of murder.'

However, Rihanna insisted : 'this is the real world,' and took to Twitter last month to say she is 'rockstar not a parent' and insisting she had 'the freedom to make art'.

And she certainly seems to relish her current freedoms, in stark contrast to the more clean cut image she had to cultivate at the start of her career.


Going fur-ther: The singer looked stunning in a black and sheer dress and a dramatic white stole
Striking: The singer looked stunning in a black and sheer dress and a dramatic white Yves St Laurent coat with fringe detail

Risqué: Rihanna, pictured on stage in Florida two weeks ago, in a more familiar skimpy outfit
Risqué: Rihanna, pictured on stage in Florida two weeks ago, in a more familiar skimpy outfit

'In the beginning of my career, it was really strict for me,' she recalls to Glamour. 'I couldn’t wear pink or red lipstick; it was just bizarre.

'We had a young fan base, and they were trying to keep me fresh. But I just really wanted to be myself. I wanted to be sassy, the attitude, all these things that I am.'

She also prides herself on her honest approach to life and alludes to the domestic violence incident with former boyfriend Chris Brown back in 2009.

'My whole life changed a couple years ago,' she says. 'That’s when I decided to let my guard down completely.

'There’s freedom in honesty. If you just face it today, tomorrow you can move on to something else.'

That honesty also appears to extend to her bedroom relations with the opposite sex.

'I play a very dominant role in my life, in every aspect of it,' she says.

'And I like to feel like a lady still, at some point. I feel like that’s the time when a guy really gets to be a man, and I get to be a woman. And if I’m being a man in the bedroom too, there’s nothing really in it for me.'

As a top selling U.S. artist, Rihanna claims she is one of the women stars in the world who is 'dominating music', along with Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Beyonce and Ke$ha.

'That's because we are competitive beings,' she adds. 'I feel like music hasn’t been this exciting in a while.'

Rihanna is famously friends with Katy, who she describes as a 'breath of fresh air.'

'All my friends are guys, to be completely honest,' she says. 'But I just couldn’t believe this chick had no edit button.

'Katy and Lady Gaga came out of the gate exactly the way they think, the way they want to dress, the way they want to speak.'

Glamour’s September issue is available on newsstands and digitally (iPad and Barnes & Noble Nook Colour) nationwide on August 9, 2011.

For more on Rihanna, log on to www.Glamour.com


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2019456/Rihanna-shows-classy-ditches-barely-outfits-series-sophisticated-dresses.html#ixzz1TNSD5FAG

No comments:

Post a Comment