Saturday, July 30, 2011

DECADES: Best & Worst!

This list is soooo late!! My internet sucks blah blah making excuses blah, okay you forgive me right?? I apologize, truly, it's been a crazy week. No theme for this week obviously, but I will post next week's theme on Tuesday!

20's
SilverLilly8971


Perez: This is by far my favorite flapper, which is saying a lot since there were so many great looks submitted for this era! The splash of color, the gorgeous accessories, and the placement of the fur are just so perfect and really make this outfit stand out from the rest.

Jack: UGH, SO CLASSY IT MAKES ME WANNA DIE. Loving the all black-and-silver image with a splash of red, really splashes some colour onto the scene, le fabuloso!

Dan: Gorgeous, I love it! Perhaps without the purse next time? everything else looks amazing though and I like the flashes of red throughout.

ebonymeme

Perez: This is so cute! Definitely the most fun of the 20's outfits submitted, probably because it was based on a costume, and it's the fun and glamor of the 1920's that makes the flapper such a popular and iconic costume to begin with. It was a magical time where fashion, music, and even the American economy blossomed, before it all went to shit in the 30's =/

Jack: Such a fun and cute look! Is that a tranny in the reference picture?


Dan: Honestly I think it looks more slapper than flapper, the dress and fishnets looks like standard skank wear. I love the head band though, that's really cute and is my favorite part of the outfit, personally.



-lovely2009-

Perez: Absolutely genius idea to submit this in black and white! It really elevated an already lovely outfit to another level. I love the authenticity, the simple accessories, and the perfect stoic expression on her doll.

Jack: She looks perfect from top to bottom! I also love that she submitted it in black and white, such a classy touch!

Dan: I agree with Perez and Jack, the black and white effect really makes this look classy and authentic. I'd say this is probably the most authentic look, nothing is too much and it just looks perfect.


LoveGossip4life, Almag7607, sethisDOOMED, sko1234

Perez: As I said before, all the flappers were great! Of this group I think the prettiest is Almag7606, but I also love LoveGossip's accessories and the overall style of sethisDOOMED. sko1234's is a little crazy old lady-ish, but I think that's part of its appeal! :D:D

Jack: sko1234 looks a bit over done, but the rest look beaut! Liking the colour co-ordination with LoveGossip4life's.

Dan: I like Almag7606's flapper the most, its goregous and her make up is perfectly done. I agree with Jack that sko1234 over did it slightly but they are all good.




CelebLover44, kitkat91011, Laurenboy


Jack: They all look awkward and unorganized. CelebLover44 looks like she was dragged through the Decades store backwards and the other two look to underdone and messy.

Perez: Yeah that assessment of CelebLover is pretty accurate, she was going for Coco Chanel but it just looks messy and has none of Coco's elegance and style. kitkat's is nice but lacking. Laurenboy looks great in my opinion, I love the layering of the skirts!

Dan: I agree with Jack and Perez on CelebLover, I quite liked Laurenboy's for the same reason as Perez, shame there was no make up. I for one like kitkat91011's outfit, I like the tassles and the head band once again and I think it would have been pretty awesome minus the vile bag.


30's
BellaCullen4210, theloveablenerd, -LimitedEdition, Kimmilee1


Jack: All four of them look elegant-ish and classy-ish, bravo for trying!

Dan: I like them all apart from Kimmilee1. I love the hats they chose and it all looks pretty authentic.

Perez: I adore theloveablenerd's, she looks like she's about to go on a The Mummy-style excavation in Egypt! What a charming 1930's explorer, a lovely and unique choice for this decade! -LimitedEdition as usual looks fabulous, this reminds me of the old Vogue cover that I found for this theme's banner, really elegant and ladylike. I love all the little details, they give it a really special touch. The other two outfits are nice but forgettable. Well Bella's is nice, Kimmi looks ridiculous. I'm fairly certain tube tops were not in fashion in the 30's.

50's
liajm

Perez: She didn't submit 50's Sock Hop Barbie as a reference for her outfit, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw it! Well the first thing I thought of was Happy Days and the Grease Pink Ladies, then 50's Barbie, but you knowhatImean! It just makes me want to go to a diner and grab a milkshake and sing along with the juke box, I LOVE it!!

Jack: CUTE! 50's Barbie was a superb choice, but a different hairstyle wouldn't have hurt.

Dan: I love it, as Perez mentioned I thought of Grease straight away, the shoe layering is super cute and over all I feel like this is the most fun outfit in the list. Although as Jack said, I wish she had picked a different hair style.

Jean Harlow
Faita_14


Jack: You can't throw on a fur shrug and call yourself Jean Harlow. You gotta WURK IT, and Faita_14 certainly did not.

Perez: I don't know what you're talking about Duckie, this is absolutely stunning! She definitely should have gone platinum blonde and perhaps a different hairstyle altogether would have been better, but it is a gorgeous and well put together outfit. I'm glad she didn't take the easy way out and use the outfit released with the Film Theory collection.

Dan: I disgree with Jack, I would have guessed Jean Harlow if I saw this without a caption and I am glad she didn't go with the platinum curly hair that would have dragged it into the Marilyn Monroe catagory.


Laurenboy, ashleysstar, loveshorses5, hotgirl1501

Dan: loveshorses5 is so lovely and her outfit is stunning, it looks like it's straight out of Hairspray to me. The rest are kind of boring and ashleysstar looks like a farmer...

Perez: I just love how everyone did something different for this decade, different but still completely perfect and relevant. Laurenboy as a bookish school marm in a decade where women were first starting to really take their education seriously and pursue careers, ashleystar as an adorable country cutie who I can totally picture hanging out on the farm with Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, lovehorses5 in the iconic 50's "poodle" skirt ensemble, and hotgirl1501 as a wealthy and elegant widow lol!


60's
PerezStarGossip

Jack: In the words of the very talented Rebecca Black: FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! How can you not smile looking at this? It's wonderful! Must...move on...cheeks...hurting...

Perez: I've been buying furniture for an Austin Powers-themed room for a while now, and finally I had an excuse to put it all together!

Dan: Fabulous, darling! Perez wins this week hands down.

Edie Sedgewick
ashy_loves_you


Jack: Eh....I don't really know why, but my smiles have faded...it's just shit.

Perez: I disagree, I think this is an excellent Edie! The whole outfit was very well thought out, he nailed all the Edie details with the chandelier earrings, fur coat, make-up and hair. I think it's a great outfit and I would have known who he was even had he not told me. (I couldn't find a good picture of Edie in her fur coat, so I had to settle for this shot of Sienna Miller portraying Edie in Factory Girl)

Dan: I agree with Perez that I could have guessed it was Edie. The face and earrings are beautiful, I'm not keen on the outfit but it is very apropriate. Well done.

60's Barbie
waifish

Jack: OMG! I just wanna get up and draw on myself with highlighter pens. It's like a rainbow cried tears of joy onto her.

Perez: LOVE LOVE LOVE!! The jacket is brilliant, I would have liked for her to have filled it out a little more, but seriously such a great idea and the execution of this is killer!!

Dan: What Perez said!
Mad Men
Nextpingugirl

Jack: BORING! -throws popcorn at-

Dan: Yeah, this was an easy one but at least you tried. :]

Perez: Agreed, it is an easy, boring choice, but I never noticed that we had that dress on Stardoll, and she does look good.

Audrey Hepburn
kieshagiesha, lilsha123, musicqueenxx2

Jack: I'm going to have to pick lilsha123 as my winner, based on the fact that she's the only one with sunglasses AND gloves.

Perez: Well Kiesha is also wearing sunglasses and gloves, but I agree lilsha123 is the best Audrey here by far, she looks very posh and elegant. Keisha's is a good effort though, whereas musicqueen's is just awful and not Holly Golightly in the slightest.

Dan: I agree with Jack, lilsha123 wins this one easily.


PrincessMilly_x, Pikandchew13, JuicyC2890, 90210silverBH

Jack: I can do nothing but yawn at these, they're just...buh. PrincessMilly_x's is cute and she looks like a fun hippy!

Perez: Yeah, the only outfit in this group that wows me is Milly's, she looks awesome, totally trippy dippy 60's beatnik, and I love the dress she chose! I'm confused as to why Pikandchew thought the bandana would compliment her mod ensemble.

Dan: I can't really say more than Perez and Jack have, the only one I liked was Milly's.

Twiggy
Alexapie200

Perez: Alexapie200 did submit an outfit but it was nothing special, however what I did love was the recreation of Twiggy's make-up in this shot! Fun idea, very well executed!

Jack: Kind of shitty considering this is a Best DRESSED List, but I guess I can say it's nice and well executed.

Dan: Awesome make-up. Austin is a real dick head though. (Perez Edit: LULZ!!)

70's
Laurenboy, queencutiesoda, Chace.Clarke, ebonymeme

Jack: Laurenboy went all out with the flares, the afro and the one shoulder top, LOVE IT! Can't Chace.Clarke make a crappy outfit? Just for once, you know, for a change?! queencutiesoda (nice nickname) looks really bright and funky! ebonymeme just looks like a nostalgic stripper.

Dan: I love them all, if anyone has seen the movie The Tripper with Jaime King, Lukas Haas and Jason Mewes wouldnt you say they look like the cast? lol

Perez: These were all so good, I think they're among the best of the entire event! Laurenboy's accessories are so perfect, down to the placement of the bangles and the choice of that belt, the bell-bottoms and platforms, you look awesome! queencutiesoda and the always stunning Chace are the coolest hippies ever, you both nailed this look! I love queen's orange jeans and matching fringe boots, and Chace's bandana and awesome little pseudo-fanny pack, I wanna smoke whatever it is you're smoking! Ebony is the ultimate disco diva, she is absolutely fabulous, I love it! For some reason I'm picturing her in a disco roller rink :D:D

Farrah Fawcett
BASHY77

Jack: What is wrong with her face? I fear she is going to mug me and take my Frosties.

Perez: I don't know, nothing about this outfit is really 70's to me. I mean I get that that's what she was wearing and it was in the 70's and it is Farrah Fawcett, but it's just someone on a skateboard in a hoodie and jeans. Not a costume I would choose for a look that helps define the decade.

Dan: I wouldn't have guessed this was Farrah.

Jackie O
BASHY77

Jack: Nice job, but BASHY77 gave herself much bigger breasts than Jackie deserves credit for.

Perez: Same as with her above outfit, with all the awesome 70's looks to choose from this just seems like a boring choice. But she looks lovely and really went into detail matching it to Jackie.

Dan: The dress looked better on Edie Sedgewick :P

80's
ilovebears9

Jack: Not only is she dressed to perfection looking like Cindy Lauper etc. But motherfucking Boy George is with her too! PERFORMING! I cannot hold back these tears you guys.

Perez: Yeah this is awesome, did you Star Design that Boy George? Holy shnitz!! (Jack Edit: The Boy George poster was a custom design made by UndamyUmbrellla)

Dan: Lame outfit, nice Boy George. If the poster was cropped out I doubt Perez and Jack's comments would be as favorable.

vitalstatistick

Perez: Okay I don't know if she meant to base her look on Carrie Bradshaw's 80's flashback outfit from SATC2 because she didn't say so, but if she didn't I'd be SHOCKED because it's nearly identical! Soooo cute, I'm obsessed with it, one of my favorites for sure!

Jack: Great layering work and I love the grunge/pretty girl clash going on. Wonderful!

Dan: I want to watch Sex and the City 2 now, Fantastic outfit which really feels 80's.

rose8971

Perez: Another favorite, I'm so glad someone did an awesome 80's punk rock look! This totally makes me think of the underground London punk scene, she's a total B.U.M.!

Jack:
Oh wow! LOVE this one! It's just oozing with heavy metal and drugs.

Dan: I love this look, even though it is 80's it would easily transition to present day.

greensoccer121, blueberry-dream, coolperson765, Heather, megamaggie6

Jack: Heather (is that it, just "Heather"?) looks kind of like someone who was meant to make a workout video in the 80's, but slipped up when highlighting her hair so called the whole thing off. The others look very mediocre and kind of nice. (Jack edit: Oops! I meant coolperson765. Heather does actually look like she fell off the back of a truck)

Dan: I like greensoccer121 and blueberry-dreams outfits, they look like they could have been in the gym scene in Flashdance working out with Jennifer Beals and Cynthia Rhodes.

Perez: What's your damage Heather?! No really, what's going on here honey, you look like you fell off the back of a truck. Everyone else looks awesome, blueberry-dream and coolperson765 are totally getting Physical with Olivia Newton-John, greensoccer is super fun and cute, and megamaggie is definitely the popular girl in school, she reminds me of a slightly classier Kelly Bundy! :D:D

TrixieDeeLight, Luxury_Magazine, vampire_, mistydonna

Jack: TrixieDeeLight looks like a total glamour tranny and the rest look strange. If vampire_ didn't have so many accessories, she could have pulled it off, but sadly, she suffers from the Dei-sease, an illness where you cannot help but drown yourself in accessories.

Dan: I agree with Jack, although I love mistydonna's outfit too.

Perez: I love Trixie's outfit! He's totally Studio 54! Luxury also looks super 80's glamtabulous, and I love vampire's take on Madonna, awesome highlights and make-up too! mistydonna looks like she's going to an 80's school dance, I love her! 

90's Grunge
Cachymakers, queencutiesoda, sayanythingelse

Jack: They all look like hipster bedheads! queencutiesoda should really swat away whatever is attacking her face.

Perez: LOL! Yeah the makeshift cigarette is rather odd, but her look overall is great, in fact all the grunge outfits are awesome! Makes me want to go fish my old Nirvana Nevermind CD out from wherever it is..

Dan: They look like the guys Cher disses in Clueless. 'eww get off of me! urgh as IF!' (Perez Edit: Yes!! The stoners hanging out on the grassy knoll! :D:D Speaking of Clueless, I totally expected there to be at least a few preppy 90's looks a la Cher and Dionne =/)

1999-2000
Undamyumbrellla

Jack: Thank you for the collage of noughtie's fashion Kasia, I also really like the outfit!

Perez: OMG I love this, it just really takes me back to my tween obsession with Alyssa Milano and Jennifer Love Hewitt and just loving their pleather pants, cropped tops, and Claire's accessories!

Dan: Very authentic and Buffy :( <3

2000's
sam.miley, Heather, audreyxbeth

Jack: I love how sam.miley brought along a indie date to match his indie self. Heather looks more plain than a drywall. audreyxbeth; forget camel toe, it looks like you smuggled the whole leg down your hotpants!

Perez: Yeah, I love sam.miley's hipster couple, and I feel like it's a definitive style of this decade, whereas there's nothing really special or singularly 2000's about the other outfits.

Dan: sam.miley win, the rest whhhap whamm

1700-1800's
amy_0202, tumblr, Mary - Riiviera, mango-icecream, Holly Lacey

Jack: Jesus Christ, what is going on down here?! I thought the theme was Decades not CENTURIES?!

Perez: Fair point, well made Jack! But still a lovely effort by these ladies, though I will say that mango-icecream does not look French Revolution or Victorian era at all, and for some reason Mary's makes me think more of a Gone With the Wind Southern belle, but as a whole these outfits are beautiful. I really like Amy and Holly's the best.

Dan: All gorgeous even if they did go a bit off with the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment