Friday, October 28, 2011

“I Caught My Wife With A Man In A Hotel, But I Still Love Her” —Man Tells Court


My wife is unfaithful; I once caught her coming out of a hotel with another man around 6:30 pm. She told me that the man was her brother’s friend. But I still love her,” 42-year-old Wasiu Oyekanmi told an Igando Customary Court sitting in Lagos, southwest Nigeria.
Oyekanmi’s wife, Sherifat, 34, had earlier asked the court to dissolve their twelve-year-old childless marriage due to irreconcilable differences.
She told the court that their marriage, which did not produce any child, started crumbling when her husband started accusing her wife of infidelity.
“We did introduction and he paid dowry on me but I don’t love him anymore. He always monitors my movement, he accuses me of extra marital affairs,” she said.

The fashion designer also told the court that her husband did not care for her.
“When I lost my mum, he did not contribute a dime to the funeral.”
Oyekanmi, however, denied it all, saying he was doing his best to cater for his wife.
“When her mother died, I had the highest number of guests and I catered well for them. I gave my wife N50,000 to buy and sell Ankara material and I later gave her N10,000. I do care for her in my own little way,” Oyekanmi said.
The president of the court, Mr Adewale Eko, however adjourned the matter for further hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment